Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Focus

It's hard losing someone.
End of statement.
Whether an end of communication or a death or whatever the reason. Loss, of something as significant as another person with an effect on your life, is a hardship. Simple.

But, think about this.
If someone tells you not to itch your nose, what is the first place you feel the next itch?
If you stub your toe, why does it seem you continue to bang it around on things out of nowhere?

Focus. What is on your mind? That person that you've just lost.
Therefore, who are you going to think about? Who will every song remind you of?
It's really not rocket science.

Distractions can come in may different shapes and forms. You don't necessarily need to replace that person in your life. Particularly in my own current exploration of focus and distraction, I've taken to my left brain creative side to distract me. I've started painting again, I've started writing again, I've started admiring the qualities in peoples' faces again. Fluent enough and -you got it - my nose is no longer itching.

Granted there is psychological reasoning behind the feeling of longing, or the remembrance of a person based on, for example, a song or a place. BUT, create a new memory to match. Cover it up. Put a bandage around your stubbed toe and you'll stop banging it.

The art of moving forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment