Saturday, November 30, 2013

I keep trying to convince myself that I haven't been in love yet.
And I think that's because I certainly have loved, but it didn't last.
And I think my heart is broken because the reality is that love sometimes doesn't last.
And I think I always secretly hoped and believed and wished that love always lasts.
So the fact that I've loved before and lost it, means that there is less of me to give.
Like some how I am a little dirtier, or a little more worn, than if I had never loved.
Because I think somehow I believed that love was not a renewable resource.
And I'm only now learning that love can come and go. Love does come and go.
Some infinities are greater than oner infinities.
So you thank love for having joined you and you whisper "so long" as it leaves.
And then since you gave away all your current stock of love you go and sit quietly and recharge.
Like you're a battery.
Like you will love again someday.
But batteries go bad, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment