Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tardy

I waited way too long to write up this thought.
The person who taught me this has gone ahead and left my life...

I hate the fact that I can take away a life lesson from him, but not take him, too.

I had all these provisions that I was so sure had to be filled by Mr. Wonderful.
He needed to be a cowboy. Because cowboys know how to do EVERYTHING. and they smell like leather, and they're rough, and strong and brave.

You understand.

Turns out, a guy doesn't need to be a cowboy in order to be strong and brave and wonderful.

I've learned that I often won't be able to put people in these little provisional boxes. I need to analyze their qualities one by one, and break down my own expectations further, additionally. Everyone is so dynamic, fearfully and wonderfully made.

I'll love his soul, more than anything anyway. That's what it's really about.

Though I do love horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment