Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I rant.


OK- so I think I've solved this whole 'massive influx of young divorces' thing. If you'd like to give me a million dollars for my wisdom, my bank details are as follows.

Average marital age is between 18-25 years.

In the last few months, experience has led me to believe that each individual goes through a certain change in their life, aroundabout the age of 25. (give or take maturity). Quarter Life Crisis? Yes, hello! Well if people are getting married at 18? What happens when they change at 25, and your partner changes at 25, and the people you've become don't like each other any more? Or even if you marry at 27, but your buddy hasn't yet grown into the person they'll be the rest of their life, and when he does at 28, you hate him?

I believe that in order to love someone purely and endlessly, you must not necessarily love yourself, but know yourself. An awareness of flaws, beliefs and ideas. Know your weaknesses, and I'm not even saying you have to embrace them! Just know.



No comments:

Post a Comment