Thursday, August 19, 2010

Life is Beautiful

Photo Credit: Leighann Kowalsky, All Rights Reserved
Alright, so. Here's my little list of reasons why life is spontaneous and wonderful, and when you choose to, it can really light things up at the best (worst?) times. Two violently beautiful events have occured so far this morning, and its only 11:23am.

Twiddling thumbs, on hold waiting for the Bank in the United Kingdom to pull me off hold and help me! My phone is ringing off the hook, and I just need one simple exchange rate number to get me back on track "doing" for the day. Elevator music is singing softly in my ear. Then I hear those first two notes....Recognition overcomes instantaneously. My favorite Debussy song starts playing in my ear, whispering sweetly too me how life certainly has a sense of humor. I feel my shoulders loosen up a bit and I close my eyes, melting into the piano notes ringing through the phone line. Love it.

This song seems to find itself in my life quite often - it's last visitation was close if not equally as romantic. Prepping for a master class with Keith Saunders, director of Harlem Ballet Theater, vastly out of my league in the studio at Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival, and the pianist lays down those first two notes. Shoulders relax, eyes close, life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment