Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Loneliness


Property of Leighann Kowalsky. All Rights Reserved

Let's explore the term "alone" and the meaning behind the word "Loneliness".
There is without a doubt a negative connotation that I'd like to inhibit when it comes to applying it to my current emotions.

Any definition of these words will attest to that negativity, which is all well and good, but I for some reason am perfectly satiated as such. I thought that perhaps I had the wrong word in my head. Search synonyms. Wrong again, all have negative connotations.

Here's what I'm feeling, perhaps you can help me frame it, if in fact my alone-ness is simply not the right adjective.

I'm living alone now, apart from family. For the first time in my adult life I crave going "home". I am in solitude there, and I enjoy it. Quiet, peaceful, resting in my thoughts. Why is it that this typically bitter "alone" is so comforting?

So is that wrong? If alone-ness means "unhappy" (thank you dictionary) then is that wrong? Am I wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment