Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pity

I have a diamond pendant necklace. It was a gift, and it is beautiful.
Resting on a sterling silver chain, it bobbles and sways around my neck with ease.

I recently noticed that there had formed a knot in the chain, preventing the diamond to either slip off the chain and onto a new one, and was instead containing the diamond between clasp and knot.

I thought I would cry.

The only way to free that perfect little diamond would be to break that perfect little chain.
Having to choose between two articles of purity and simplicity and...pretty-ness.
Two articles that each on their own are just not quite enough, but together create this specific harmony. And to seperate them again? One would have to break, and be left without use, without purpose; to be tossed aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment