Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Toast

I'm already beginning to see a pattern and theme to this new year, 2011, and we are only 6 days into it. Good Lord what a whirlwind this will be.

Whether just before the new year, or currently on the horizon, I am witnessing many "firsts".


A few weeks ago I journeyed to Mexico. Not the first time out of the country, but the first time to a third world country, and the first time out of the country without parents. First time at an All-Inclusive Resort, and first time jet-skiing in the ocean. In the Spring, I'll roam to Europe, just for fun, and Vegas for my birthday - you guessed - for the first time.

I noticed it this morning when I called my mom excitedly just to tell her about my ski-trip weekend planned for New Hampshire. My "First" all weekend ski-trip. I felt naive and just about every other synonymous word, but ya know what? Here's to feeling like a kid again. Here's to firsts, and here's to trying everything. Here's to being a 20-something and recognizing that I have alot to learn, and alot to experience.

I've always felt like I grew up quickly. Went on my first working tour when I was 15, and etiquette school all the years before that. I could tell you the proper grooming habits of a German French Poodle and what's going on at the root of a wavy-haired beauty, and why her hair isn't pins and needles straight instead. But 2011 will be about finally being a kid, and I'd like to toast to that. Here's to having the maturity to know that it's OK to be immature sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment