Monday, June 13, 2011

How could there be any other way?

I am perfectly cognizant of the fact that there are inumerous ways in which one can carry out their plans, make decisions, prioritize and organize and frankly, I wish other people were as well.

This "pet peeve" of mine, I think, has shattered the pet peeze structure and crossed the line into being simply something I cannot stand. It proved this, when it broken several friendships or potential relationships up.

When someone offers an alternative, I am thrilled. Their input and advice is always so greatly honored and admired. However, when someone offers their advice with full passion that their answer is the pinhole into eternity, I am hurt and irritated by their lack of realization that hmm, perhaps I put some thought into my actions, too.

You see, just about everything I do has a great amount of thought behind it. If it doesn't, I'll be the first to admit it. And when someone else comes in with their (certainly, thrilling) idea, undercutting the fact that I chose my way for a reason, I choke on my explanation in anger and just shut down.

These were the first starlings into my realization that I tend to think differently. My second clue was that I have synesthesia. My third, that I almost always disagree, argue, "guess wrong" or just think differently than class collectives, teachers, advisors, etc. I knew I was either frighteningly brilliant, or disgustingly dumb.

Here's what conclusion I've come to. I say all the time, that I have not lived a normal life thus far. I have experiences that have effected the way I behave and think. I had a true test, this past weekend. I was point blank asked why I was doing something a particular way, and the answer was based on an experience no one my age has had yet.

Mystery solved. I'm not necessarily wrong, and neither are you. Just different. And I like my way better =)

No comments:

Post a Comment