Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Blue Skies

Funny little thought this morning...thank you in advance for having a sense of humor about it.

I've got a big ol' skylight above my bed, which eagerly serves as a gateway to the heavens, (and less hypothetically put, an alarm clock, a night light, a thought provoker...).
This morning I woke to bright blue skies. No whisps of white, just thick blue, like the second coat of paint. Four hours later and it's cloudy, drizzling and honestly pretty miserable outside. But for some reason, in my head, it's still sunny and blue. Pause and cock head, pretending to understand my six foot deep meaning. Fascinating how the first few thoughts upon reentering the conscious state can have such an uncanny impact on the state of your consciousness for the rest of that period. It's still blue, in my head. And I've got a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment