Monday, March 7, 2011

Tiger Woods Ya'll

What an eye opening day, and it's only 9:40AM.

I've spent the weekend bopping around the upstate area, and subsequently got caught in the biggest snowstorm of the winter. Joy.
Joy Joy Joy.

I have missed school, automatically dropping my grade down to no-better-than-a-B.
I am missing my gym workout and dance workout - hate.
I am missing work- hate - but most imperative of all, and therefore - hate alot.

Here's the funny thing though;
Thanks to technology, I am able to do quite a bit of my work from right where I am. (Currently, in bed under 3 quilts, happy as a clam, typing away.) Being "stuck" somewhere, actually forces you to sit down and be productive because guess what, there is zero distraction and you are unable to make excuses to do other things. This literal "stuck", isn't something that can easily be imitated in the home-setting, as your mind always knows the real truth.

So here I am, stressing over the drama that will ensue due to missing my usual Mondays, but beyond all that, actually being highly productive.

In a conversation with a co-worker over the anxiety I am feeling for my lack of presence today, he said to me, "Tiger Wood's Ya'll"...."don't worry about being stuck there and just hit your next shot where you are".

He's absolutely right. Getting so caught up in your situation; worry about what you CAN'T do because of your situation, will distract you from what you really CAN do. How brilliant and eye opening is that? If you quit being self-centered and stressing over what's going wrong, you'll forget to check out what you can make go right. Hard work is hard work, and if you're a truly hard worker you will make it happen.

So for today, forget it, forget it all. Get yourself down to the bare-bones truth and necessity of the situation.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment